SDL (LSE: SDL), a global leader in content creation, translation and delivery, is pleased to announce that SDL Tridion Sites has been recognized by independent analyst firm Ars Logica among the leading two Web Content Management (WCM) platforms. Capable of delivering omni-channel digital experiences and continuous customer journeys worldwide across any language or connected device, SDL Tridion Sites moved up the scorecard following key enhancements and new functionality added in 2018, outranking Adobe Experience Manager Sites. Alongside this prestigious analyst ranking, SDL’s strong market momentum continues with recent confirmation that it’s now powering 90 top 100 global brands* with its content management and language solutions, representing the broadest sets of feature-rich functionality available on the market.
Ars Logica’s Compass Guide Consolidated Vendor Scorecard to WCM, published in Q1 2019, assessed and compared 16 leading WCM platforms for business and technical capabilities, and named SDL Tridion Sites in the top two platforms. Ars Logica identified five ways SDL Tridion Sites stands out from other leading WCM platforms:
- SDL Tridion Sites offers global brands “superb enterprise tech stack leverage (co-ranked first of all the platforms evaluated), due partly to SDL’s longstanding installed base of customers representing the largest of global web presences.”
- Offers extreme scalability (ranked first of all platforms evaluated). Ars Logica attributes this strength to SDL’s “historical presence in the most complex of WCM implementations.”
- SDL Tridion Sites contains “excellent content marketing tools”, alongside tighter integration with the overall SDL Tridion DX suite. This opens up the technology to both technical and non-technical users across a company.
- SDL remains the “undisputed WCM market leader in globalization/localization technologies,” and SDL’s expertise in these areas influences all of its products, enabling brands to deliver digital content in any language.
- SDL Tridion Sites is particularly well-suited to “global enterprise deployments with rigorous brand management and digital marketing requirements.” It helps brands create, manage and deliver the vast amounts of information and content needed to engage with global audiences.
“SDL has gained ground on the overall WCM market in the past year, opening up its platform to a wider business audience and making it easier for non-technical stakeholders to create effective campaigns,” said Tony White, Founder, Ars Logica. “SDL Tridion Sites shines in its technical distinction – its ability to integrate into complex ecosystems and to manage the fine nuances of content/context-dependent environments. Given its leadership in language technologies, SDL Tridion Sites should be a top consideration for multinational corporations facing the challenge of managing and marketing their online brands across geographies, languages, and channels.”
Based on Ars Logica’s independent research, including customer interviews, implementation monitoring, internal knowledge base and hands-on product testing, SDL Tridion Sites leads the market in enterprise stack leverage and scalability in the analyst firm’s Consolidated Vendor Scorecard:
Ars Logica’s report also highlights recent enhancements to SDL Tridion Sites 9.0, released in November 2018, including the availability of mature cloud, hybrid and Content as a Service (CaaS) models. The recent introduction of Elasticsearch within the platform’s micro services-based architecture was also recognized by the analyst firm, alongside Adaptive BluePrinting, which provides a templated approach for building and adapting local country and brand websites. The addition of Instant Site is also a dramatic expansion of the idea of templating, allowing non-technical users to quickly create sophisticated websites (campaign sites or country sites).
“We’ve looked at customers’ content challenges and focused our development on areas that will make a practical difference,” said Jim Saunders, Chief Product Officer, SDL. “And it’s clearly working – we’re now powering the top 90 brands, and are recognized among the top two leading WCM platforms. It’s testament to our relentless focus on giving customers access to the latest technological breakthroughs from across our range of content management and language solutions.”
SDL Tridion Sites is a web content management system built for global organizations that know content is a critical business asset. Part of SDL Tridion DX (which also includes SDL Tridion Docs, a structured content management system), the platform provides the scalability organizations need for global content deployment while supporting rigorous brand management, marketing agility and flexible delivery of both marketing content and DITA based product information. With 90 of the top 100 global brands as SDL customers, SDL can solve today’s disconnection between content creation, translation and delivery.
Notes to Editors: *Source: Interbrand’s 2018 Best Global Brands Report.